Barite Mining Process And Barite Uses
1. What Is Barite
Barite is a non-metallic mineral product with barium sulfate (BaSO4) as the main component, pure barite was white, shiny, also often has gray, light red, light yellow and other color due to impurities and other mixture, good crystallization barite appears as transparent crystals.
China is rich in barite resources, 26 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions are all distributed, mainly lies in south of China, Guizhou province accounted for one-third of the country's total reserves, Hunan, Guangxi, respectively, ranking second and third.
China's barite resources not only in large reserves but also with high grade, our barite deposits can be divided into four types, namely sedimentary deposits, volcanic sedimentary deposits, hydrothermal deposits and eluvial deposits. Barite is chemically stable, insoluble in water and hydrochloric acid, non-magnetic and toxicity; it can absorb X- rays and gamma rays.
2. Usage Of Barite
Barite is a very important non-metallic mineral raw material, with a wide range of industrial uses.
- (I) drilling mud weighting agent: Barite powder added into mud when oil well and gas well drilling can effective increase the mud weight, is most commonly used measure in drilling operations to effectively prevent blowout frequent initiatives.
- (II) Lithopone Pigment: Using a reducing agent can reduced Barium sulfate to barium sulfide (BaS) after the barium sulfate was heated, then a mixture of barium sulfate and zinc sulfide (BaSO4 accounted for 70%, ZnS accounted for 30 %)obtained which is lithopone pigments after react with the zinc sulfate (ZnSO4). It can be used as paint, paints raw material, is a commonly used high-quality white pigment.
- (III) various barium compounds: the raw material can be manufactured barite barium oxide, barium carbonate, barium chloride, barium nitrate, precipitated barium sulfate, barium hydroxide and other chemical raw materials.
- (IV) Used for industrial fillers: In paint industry, barite powder filler can increase the film thickness, strength and durability. In the paper, rubber, plastic field, barite material can improve the hardness of rubber and plastic, wear resistance and aging resistance; Lithopone pigments are also used in the manufacture of white paint, more advantages for indoor use than magnesium white and lead white.
- (V) Mineralizing agent for cement industry: the adding of barite, fluorite compound mineralizer in the use of cement production can promote the formation and activation of C3S, clinker quality has been improved.
- (VI) Anti-rays cement, mortar and concrete: the use of barite having an X-ray absorption properties, making Barium cement, barite mortar and Barite Concrete by barite, can replace metal grid for shielding nuclear reactor and build research, hospital etc buildings of X-ray proof.
- (VII) Road construction: rubber and asphalt mixture containing about 10% barite has been successfully used for parking lot, is a durable paving material.
- (VIII) Other: reconciliation of barite and oil applied to the cloth manufacturing linoleum; barite powder used for refined kerosene; as digestive tract contrast agent used in the pharmaceutical industry; also can be made as pesticides, leather, and fireworks. In addition, barite is also used to extract metals barium, used as getter and binder in television and other vacuum tube. Barium and other metals (aluminum, magnesium, lead, and cadmium) can be made as alloy for the manufacture of bearings.
3. Barite Powder Processing Technological Process
Phrase one: raw material crushing
barite will be crushed to 15mm-50mm fineness by crusher.
Phrase two: grinding
Crushed copper will be sent to the storage hopper by the elevator, and then the feeder will send the material to the main mill for grinding.
Phrase three: classifying
Grinded copper powder will be classified; coarse powder will fall back into the main mill waiting to be grinded again.
Phase four: production collecting
Qualified powder will flow with the air and be collected in the dust catcher, and then the finished powder will be transported to the product storage bin through discharge port. Lastly, the powder will be loaded by tank car or packed by packing machine.
Too tired to read? Try staff service!
Engineer one-to-one for you, draw up plans in time, and provide investment estimates in time!