Improvement Direction and Main Points of Calcium Carbonate Surface Modification Technology
The surface modification of calcium carbonate is a kind of surface modification of powder with simple modifier formula but large output. At present, in addition to the surface modification of ultrafine and nano calcium carbonate powders for special purposes, most of the calcium carbonate powders filled in polymer materials use stearic acid or sodium stearate as surface modifiers, and a small part Use aluminates, titanates and other surface modifiers.
The main improvement direction of calcium carbonate powder surface modification technology is to improve the surface modification effect and reduce the modification cost.
1. Improve the effect of surface modification
Improving the effect of surface modification mainly starts from three aspects: surface modification method, modification equipment and modifier formula.
- (1) According to the preparation process of the powder and the type of surface modifier selected, select a surface that can improve the dispersibility of calcium carbonate powder and surface modifier during the modification process and the equality of mutual contact or opportunity for action Modification methods and processes.
- (2) Choose the surface modification equipment that can make the powder and the surface modifier well disperse and contact each other or have an equal opportunity during the modification process.
- (3) Select surface modifiers and modifiers according to the type of resin base material and application requirements.
2. Reduce the cost of surface modification
Reducing the cost of surface modification mainly starts from the following aspects:
- (1) Reduce the amount of surface modifier. This is related to the dispersibility of the surface modifier and the uniformity of the surface effect of the calcium carbonate powder. The surface modifier is well dispersed and has a uniform effect on the surface of the calcium carbonate powder, which can reduce the amount of surface modifier to a certain extent. , And surface modifiers are one of the main cost components of calcium carbonate surface modification operations.
- (2) Reduce the energy consumption of the modification process. Surface modification is most of the work that requires heating, which consumes electricity and heat; energy consumption is related to process and equipment performance. For this reason, first, try to use simple processes as much as possible; second, use high-efficiency and energy-saving surface modification equipment or Device.
- (3) Reduce the loss of powder materials during the modification process. The loss of powder materials during the modification process not only increases the production cost of the modified product, but also pollutes the workshop environment. For this reason, first, use continuous and closed surface modification equipment as much as possible, and second, minimize labor Feeding and unloading; third, it is necessary to minimize the transportation links and shorten the transportation distance of powder materials.
Too tired to read? Try staff service!
Engineer one-to-one for you, draw up plans in time, and provide investment estimates in time!
Staff ServiceGet Price