The main component of limestone is calcium carbonate (CaCO3). Lime and limestone are widely used in construction materials and industrial raw materials. Limestone is directly processed into stone and burned into quicklime. Quicklime becomes slaked lime by absorbing moisture or adding water. The main component is Ca(OH)2, which can be called calcium hydroxide. The slaked lime is formulated into lime slurry, lime paste, etc., which is used as coating material and brick adhesive.
1. Manufacturing glass. The glass is made of limestone, quartz sand, soda ash, etc. These materials can be obtained after high temperature smelting.
2. Refining steel. In industrial production, limestone is also the solvent and degangue for ironmaking. Quicklime is used here. Quicklime can be used as a slagging material to filter out harmful sulfur and phosphorus.
3. Filling materials for rubber, plastic, paper, cosmetics, toothpaste and other products. After being fired, limestone becomes pure and dry powdered calcium carbonate, which can be used as a filler for many products.
4. Manufacturing soda ash. Soda ash is obtained through a multi-step reaction using limestone, salt, ammonia and other materials using Solvay's method, and bleaching is achieved through the chemical reaction of pure slaked lime and chlorine.
5. Make table salt. After chemical processing, limestone can be turned into calcium chloride, calcium nitrate, calcium sulfite and other calcium salts.
6. Hard water softener. Hydrated lime can temporarily remove the hardness of water, so it is used as a hard water softener in the industry.
7. Desiccant and disinfectant.
8. Application in agriculture. First of all, quicklime can be configured into Bordeaux mixture, lime sulfur mixture and other pesticides; secondly, hydrated lime can change the acidity and alkalinity of the soil, improve the internal composition of the soil, and replenish the calcium in the soil; then, the lime slurry can be used to whitewash the trunk, which can Protect trees.
9. Building houses and decorations. Limestone is the main raw material for making cement. In addition, limestone can be used to build the exterior walls and floors of houses.
Engineer one-to-one for you, draw up plans in time, and provide investment estimates in time!